Monday, June 22, 2009

Back to the Msia

Well, Looks like I made it back without a scratch or with that Swine flu (H1N1 virus for those who wish to be more complex about it). Good ol' dusty, dirty (not just the environment) home.

Can't say I don't miss home of course, but oddly enough I have mixed feelings about home if I must admit.

It was interesting to find out my mom decided to get a new car and a big fancy one at that. And sad to find that crime rates in Malaysia are just getting from bad to worse to worst to hellish. I used to think Malaysia would develop over time and people would learn to be more civil as time progresses. I guess that was mere wishful thinking.

Another thing shocking is to find out all the juniors all growing up and getting somewhat matured. Probably still have long ways to go eh guys? But all in all glad to see life is moving on. Side news, one of my poor dogs kicked the bucket when I was away, sad. But guess he ate too much anyway so he deserved it.

In terms of my walk with God, well, guess I could say I've been on the low end. Which is a shame really, and I realise I'm not the only one who's feeling like this. I used to know people who were quite on fire for God, but they seem to have died down. Why? I obviously wouldn't know. But could it be because of ourselves? Yea no doubt we should look into ourselves first. Could it be because of the people around us? This of course is subjective, but I personally think so. As brothers and sisters we are to keep each other accountable. There are lines so fine that you think that there are no barriers at all!

Like the fine example I gathered from the book/movie angels and demons: There are people who are rational and need proof before agreeing to it. Vice versa, there are the faithful who would leap into dangers unknown because they purely believe. If you were to ask me where I stand in this, I would say I'd side the 'scientists' more. (No I'm not saying I am turning away).

Where am I going with this? In a nutshell, we should keep each other accountable. Being overly 'scientific' could eventually lead a Christian to backslide. Whereas, being an overly pious priest person would just make you a nut-job, and you would just scare people away.

My point is: pious dudes, do what you gotta do but don't shun people and make yourself holier-than-thou. Listen to people, condemn SIN not THE SINNERS. For the rationalists, stop thinking too much. And don't conform to the world just because it FEELS right. We don't like to listen to people who disagree with us but they could be our voice of reason, so bite down from time to time and just listen. Harder than it sounds I know, same goes for me to. That's why I write to remind not just you who would read this, but its for me too.

Just because its right doesn't make it holy. Just because its wrong doesn't make you a screw-up.

I was never really good with these things. But here's what I hope to do before I go back to the UK. Tough chance I know, but it pains me that good people are left out somehow. Encourage those who have issues with church, perhaps have a sense of belonging once again in a church. Also, I used to know many great people with great passions for God's people but have went into 'hibernation' of sorts. I pray that you would pick up that cross once again, despite the crap you may have to crawl through.

If this post was irrelevant, means this problem doesn't exist and that's a good thing. If it makes sense, let all who has ears let him/her hear eh??

God bless!

No comments: