Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 13th: A day to remember

Unfortunately, May also has a solemn day, and not long after a supposedly joyful one(for my mom after 9months of carrying alil rascal like me XD). Didnt get to blog yesterday soo...

May 13th, is not only a political day to be remembered for Malaysians, with the curfews and all. It is also the day my grandfather went home to the Lord. It was a year ago...

I never really REALLY knew him much. you know how youngesters don't really listen to too many old tales and why we should do this and that. And I do regret that in a way. He lived through WW II, he worked hard to sustain his own family, and even in his old age, he thought us that old dogs can learn new tricks. He learned the harmonica, and went to bible school, and he driving till he was 80!

And when people were giving his eulogies, I was humbled to see that people younger than him were inspired by him so much. My cousin even wanted to give a eulogy through the internet. He heard the service through the internet actually.

Even now, I still feel that he hasn't passed on yet, strange huh? But life goes on, and as family and but a small part of his legacy, I hope I can make him proud. Rest in peace granddad. We'll meet again in paradise.

No comments: