Friday, January 2, 2009

Winter break....New Years....Christmas....Now exams...

Hello All!

Well just to keep this alive and kicking and sorry to those who wanted to still keep in contact with me...

Just add me on my msn and buzz me from time to time...its

dan_9654@yahoo.com

Anyway back on topic..

Winter this year around was gloomier than the last. Not a single drop of snow although its cold as...(hmm)...out there. What makes this winter experience all the more exciting is....You guys will never guess this one...

My boiler decided to take a break as well during this most festive and frozen season...Which means :

1. No heater- means house will pretty much be about the same temperature outside which is about...from 0-10 degrees?? and 10 degrees is pretty good already...

2. No hot water- So its either we boil the hot water 1st and shower 'kampung' style with rice pots and pans (no pails unfortunately) or we shower in ice cold water that'll literally freeze your ass so numb that it hurts...yea...cold bites...or whatever else you call it...

Well odder things out of the UK..me and a couple of my mates decided to head to Italy for the winter break. Dumb move in a 3rd person point of view. And I was pretty much trying to keep myself optimistic by saying that we don't have to wait in lines and all that nonsense...

Anyhow, here's a rough summary:

Our 1st destination was Pisa..you know...where the leaning tower is. And that is pretty much everything there is to see in Pisa..Apart from few small stuff and just taking in the view. Spent a night there, and here's a picture of me at the toilet window...yea...I'm in the toilet..and you can see me....clearly...


Kinda like those windows you see in..certain clubs(you'll get the idea when you're old enough)


Next stop after Pisa was Venice. Ahh, place of romance, beautiful city, gondolas, those singing dudes rowing you down. Well it probably would be if it weren't for all the rain that came down on us. We were pretty much soaked for days! And the water levels were so high there we only saw them gondola people come out on our last full day there. Couldn't really bother about posting too many photos soo...I'll show em when i get the chance.

And oh, if you've been following international news, Venice and Rome (which was our choice of destinations) so happened to have been hit by floods. Even now, I wonder if it was some higher order trying to drop a hint on us. Hmm....

Oh and on the off chance you do want to go to Venice, it's pretty dodgy at night and if you're not careful enough you can easily get lost walking.

3 Days later (After Venice)

We went on our merry little way to Italy's capital and the heart of perhaps the center of the greatest ancient civilization in known history: Rome

When I was a kid, I've been there but never full appreciated what the city had to offer. Until now. And there I could see why so many fantasy tales and stories have pretty much revolved around roman culture in a sense. Its really a place I don't mind going back to again. Especially I only spent 3 days there. Meh...

But here's the catch to it. The city and probably most of the inanimate objects of the place are fantastic
. The People and the 'tourist staff' however, are...well so far there's not a swear word or a sentence of swear words that could justly describe them. They're not exactly friendly. And they pretty much try to rip you off at every off chance they can get.

And here's what my friend said to pretty much help you picture them (A spiced up conversation between me and my friend so..):

*Staring at the ruins of ancient Rome, mere stones only stand to vaguely outline the layout of the city and buildings that once was there*

Daniel: Wow, Imagine how it would look like before.
Zheng Uyee: Yea, but now after coming here I know where they became like this
Daniel: Oh? How come?
Zheng Uyee: Last time if the people were like how they are now, I'm not surprised why the city now is in such a state.

And on a different occasion someone mentioned as well that they seemed less educated than say British people.

Yea, I think I pretty much hated the 'hospitality there. Actually just Rome. But we realised as we got closer to the Vatican City, the people got nicer. Though more pictures of the pope started showing up. They love they're pope.


Well time for less words more pictures!!

I shit you not the pic above is a painting! Note: The Crack!

St. Peters..Bloody good pic (unfortunately not my cam)

Miss "Midget" Lim and I at some columns XD

See those 2 dudes closest to the cam? Those me friends (what a view eh?)


Its so much prettier in person. So who wants to go with me again?!

Hm...Tis all I've got time for apparently. Will try to keep updated. Exams in less than 2 weeks and i've got crap loads to do.

God bless to you all!

PS.

I do miss home and family.. and my close friends :) See you guys real soon hopefully

1 comment:

AmyGn said...

MR. ONG :D
how are you ??
i hope ur well.
when are you coming back to visit? :) hopefully soon.

haha what an odd way to keep touch. I'm going to add you on msn instead hahah

n yes aaron is rather vain :P notice how he's in ALMOST all the photos ;)