Sunday, January 25, 2009

What it all boils down to this....

Well Happy CNY everyone!!!

It's strange that when I actually do feel like being a writer, Nothing comes through.

Well apart from the fact that everyone seems to be finding ways to make full use of Chinese New Year. I seem to have been caught up in a torrent of Geekiness.

Since after my exams, I stumbled upon a very interesting online fantasy novel. Never thought things like that could be so entertaining. And the plot is pretty much written in such a way that it is the stereotypical high school drama type of story. And the writers know it.

Catch is the settings are like the Medieval RPG. Examples, Dungeons and Dragons, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate and such. In a nutshell and in my point of view, I concluded it is like Harry Potter, only it is played out in a world a lot (and I mean A LOT) more to my liking.

Well, what does this mean really? Guess I'm realising I'm more of a Geek than I would like to admit.

Why?
  1. I play games (and I play hard).
  2. I do enjoy reading comics, some manga and a few random US-Canadian based ones.
  3. I have imaginations from to time about far of fantasy worlds where magics and mystical creatures roam.
  4. Yea, I wish I was a character in worlds like that from time to time (So yea get a lawyer and sue me)
  5. Oh, and not to mention I'm still quite into my Warhammer 40k models
And somewhat of an epiphany hit me not long ago. Been looking back at my achievements in life, and I realised : ' Wow, I would've done a lot more with what I had'. Trails all the way back to college, High School, and even further. And this is the outcome, this IS what it boils down to and this is who I chose to be.

Next, I suppose regret and remorse should fill the remainder of this post. But I say NAY!

Sure, if you had to put me in a stereotyped social circle, I'll probably fall into the geeks (or somewhere in between that and single minded jocks), but I am content with who I am now and with what I have. Improvements (in every ones life of course too) are obviously needed until my last breath, meaning I am not saying that I loathe to do everything else. It's just my hobbies entertain me and so happens the world perceives things that way.

(The posting on top is really for my own self gratification more than anything else)

So for those who do stumble upon my blog from time to time. Who are you really? Who do you want to be? Don't just say it as well. Know it, and Do it. Take chances and risks.

Yea, in case you are wondering, I am speaking some what from experience.

God bless you all!!


Here's a hint on what I've been reading

No comments: